In order to save time in your preparations, it is possible on Monstock to group several orders according to certain criteria and to make the preparation and / or packaging at once or automatically, based on suggestions from Monstock (depending on the account settings).
To do this, you must first create session types, which allow you to filter customer orders according to conditions to be met to be part of the wave.
Creating a session type from the reference data
To do this, go to the Administration menu of the solution and go to the reference data.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Once here, choose the reference data "Session types".
You arrive in the list of filters that shows you the different types of sessions created.
By clicking on the "Create" button, you must choose the name of your filter, the type of session you want to use, the maximum number of orders to prepare and the conditions of the filter.
Concerning the type of session, you have 3 possibilities:
- Automatic preparation and packing: Monstock will automatically pick the quantities from the available bins (according to the parameter "Sort bins by quantity" in the general preferences) and perform a packing by order using the default handling unit type (configurable in the reference data).
- Manual preparation: the preparation is to be done manually, the session will group all the products of the orders. This type of session essentially allows you to group orders, while keeping control of the locations or batches picked. After a session of this type, it is possible to create another one to do the packing manually.
- Manual packing: this type of session can be launched after a manual preparation or after having made preparations out of waves. Packing is done by order using the default handling unit type (one package per order).
Note: it is not possible to launch sessions of type "Automatic preparation and packing" on a site which is set on the preparation method "zone and batch picking".
Note: it is necessary to have activated the packing on the site if you want to launch waves with packing (see section Activate handling units on a site).
Once the session type is selected, you need to define the criteria that must be met by the orders to be part of the session. It is possible to define several conditions based for example on the country, the type of delivery or the priority of the order.
You can gather several conditions into sets and add "AND" or "OR" to them, allowing you to compare the different conditions with each other or to add several conditions to the same session type.
Once you have created your filter, all you have to do is save it. You will then be able to view it, modify it or delete it.
Creating a session type from sales orders
Another way to create a session type is to filter the orders from the order list and then launch a wave.
The "Session" button opens the window for creating a session type, which you can set in the same way as from the reference data, except that here it is possible to launch the session directly.
Launch of a preparation wave (session)
Once you have defined your session types, you can launch preparation waves from the "Session list" menu, under the "Customer sales" tab.
On this page, you will first find your session types, then the waves launched.
There are two ways to start a session:
- Click on the "Generate a session" button, which allows you to launch it instantly
- Click on the "Schedule" button, which allows you to schedule the launch of a wave (for example, every night at the same time to schedule the preparations for the next day).
For the planning of the waves, this one can be done every X minutes or hours, at a fixed time every day or certain days per week or at certain times of the month.
Once the session is launched, you can see the progress of the orders that make up the session.
Note: if new orders are created that meet the conditions of the session type, they will not be added to the current sessions. You will have to create a new one.
By opening a session, you can find its code, export the preparation orders of the orders that make up the session, remove an order from the session via the "Delete" button and validate the preparation(s) (depending on the type of session).
The "Clear list" button allows you to remove all the unprepared orders from this session, especially if you want to find them in a new session.
Note: an order, once in a current session, will not be added to another session, even if it meets the criteria.
Depending on the type of session, you can validate the preparation or the packing.
As you validate, the progress of the session evolves. If you go back to the list of your orders, you will see that your orders will be moved to the next status.